- Get Help
- Suicide Prevention
- Learn More
- Teaching About Suicide
- Honor a Loved One
- Community Campaign Shirt Order
- Shoe Memorial Registration
- Tshirt Design Guidelines
- Vote on T-shirt Design
National Suicide Hotline 1-800-273-8255 Text HOPELINE 741741 Iowa Co. WI Hotline (800) 362-5717 Emergencies call 911
Risk Factors Warning Signs Glossary Fact Sheet How To Be An Active Listener Strong Support Network
HOPELINE Text “HOPELINE” to 741741
- HOPELINE’s purpose is to offer emotional support and resources before situations rise to crisis level. Texts received reflect struggles with breakups, job loss, bullying, LGBTQ issues, parental issues, school, friends, relationship issues or any struggle a person is experiencing.
Phone Apps to Download If you Personally Need Help -
- Joyages : (Google Play or App Store) apps to help you build resilience like a digital life coach. "Profile Tab" has self- assessment at your fingertips. Use COMPANY CODE : SCN20
- Virtual Hope Box - This contains simple tools to help patients with coping, relaxation, distraction, and positive thinking. You create your own personal virtual box.
Stay Alive - This is geared toward people who may think of committing suicide, as well as friends and family who may want to help. The app comes loaded with resources, including a customizable "My Safety Plan" of actions, places and people that can help calm you down when you're feeling suicidal, a Lifebox that you can fill with your personal inspirational photos and access to breathing exercises and grounding techniques.
My3 - is an App that helps you feel grounded when you are suicidal. You create your own network of support system and safety plan.
Calm in the Storm : An App through the Apple Store to cope with the stresses of life.
Operation Reach Out- This is focused for military personnel and their families.
- Mindfulness Coach : Mindfulness is effective for reducing stress, improving emotional balance, increasing self-awareness, helping with anxiety and depression, and coping more effectively with chronic pain
- PTSD Coach: provides you with education, professional care, a self-assessment for PTSD, opportunities to find support, and can help you manage the stresses of daily life with PTSD
- Breathe2Relax is a portable stress management tool.
- Tactical Breather App can be used to gain control over physiological and psychological responses to stress. Through repetitive practice and training, anyone can learn to gain control of your heart rate, emotions, concentration, and other physiological and psychological responses to your body during stressful situations
- Moving Forward App provides on-the-go tools and teaches problem solving skills to overcome obstacles and deal with stress.
- T2 Mood Tracker App: The app records a range of emotions for anxiety, depression, head injury, stress, posttraumatic stress and a user’s general wellbeing
- Suicide Crisis Support - This app is the QPR Booklet in App form which will give you warning signs, what to do and where to get help if a friend or family member is suicidal.
- A Friend Ask - This App gives warning signs of suicide and step by step instructions of what you should do if you feel a friend is suicidal.
- Got Your Back App gives resources for phone numbers to call. Possibly not speak to a live person for support.
- Positive Message Board (Sign next to Board) (PHOTO)
- Random Act of Kindness Tree (Print for beside your display)
- Help Relax (signs for Display & Materials Needed)
- Love Yourself ( printable instructions)
- Appreciation to others (print instructions)
- Lifesaver Candy Attachables
- Your Brain Loves the Gym (printable info. with color photos) Index Cards for Brain Function (This can be a display or a matching game if pieces are laminated)
Printable Display Boards (tri fold,bulletin board, or window displays)
- Celebrities with PTSD (PHOTO)
- Rethink the Stigma - Celebrities (PHOTO)
- Be Kind to Yourself
- Active Listening
- Growth Mindset (PHOTO)
Spreading Suicide Prevention Message Responsibly
- Framework for Successful Messaging about suicide to the public
- Strategic Communication Planning of a Suicide Prevention Message
- National Recommendation for Depicting Suicide in Prevention Efforts
- Warning signs - Mutal of Omaha
- Multiple resources on one site
- 10 Warning Signs
- Warning Signs National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- QPR Local- firstname.lastname@example.org
Schedule a QPR training at your workplace, church, school, club or neighborhood
Suicide Prevention Coalition of Iowa County offers a free QPR (Question Persuade Refer) training where participants learn the warning signs for suicide, how to offer hope, and how to seek help to save a life.
QPR is CPR for Suicide Prevention. QPR stands for:
- Question the person about suicide
- Persuade the person to get help
- Refer them for help
History of Suicide Prevention Memorial Ribbon Colors
"The purple and turquoise Suicide Prevention Ribbon symbolizes suicide awareness and prevention."
The idea of using purple and turquoise stems from conversations between Sandy Martin, founder of the Lifekeeper Quilts, and Michelle Linn-Gust, President of AAS. Ms. Martin pointed out that every cause had a colored ribbon except suicide prevention. Because many causes already have a color, the decision was made to go with two. Purple and turquoise are both healing colors. The color combination stands for survivors of suicide and suicide itself. The ribbon serves as a reminder that suicide is an issue we need to talk about. The Suicide Prevention Ribbon’s first appearance was at the AAS Annual Conference in Santa Fe in 2003, and has been used in various conferences and suicide events since.
Resource: American Association of Suicidology
- Where to get FREE Gun Safety Locks: resources, educational materials, Facts & Myths
- Printable information on Gun Safety locks and how to apply them
- Don't Stand Idly By: Improving gun safety through technology and manufacturing
- Research relating Firearms and Suicide:
- Tips on how to start a conversation
- Tips for Active Listening
- Hear What People are Really Saying
- Effective Communication with Elderly
- Common Listening Misconceptions
Strong support network
- 5 Ways to Strengthen Your Support Network
- How A Support Network Prevents Suicide
- Stress Management- Social Support
- Social Support for College Student Success
Tell Your Story & National Movements
- How Are You Really?
Motivational Temporary Tattoos - These are great for students! Get a pack for your classroom, the nurses office or counselors office.
- "I am" Collection- 5 designs (2 in x 1.5 in) (Etsy - Glitterandpine) Free shipping
- "You are Enough" - (2 in long) (Etsy - Symbolicimports)
- " This too shall pass" , " Calm" - 5 designs in black & white or color. (Etsy - Mentalhealthmagic)
- "Keep Going" - 5 Designs (1.5 in long) (Etsy - pepperink)
- "Perfectly Imperfect" - (2.5 in x 1 in) (Conscious Ink)
- Available in white ink
- "Tattoo Packs" focused on - Be Kind, Love My Body, Empower, Gratitude, Self-
- Love, Be Present, Survivor/Thriver, Girl Power, Be You and more.
Self- Care and Mindfulness Practices to Change Your Mind Set
- Self Care Strategies for Resilience
- An Everyday Guide for Being Mindful
- Yoga & Meditation blog
- How to change your mind set about money
- 31 Gratitude Journal Prompts
- How a Gratitude Journal can help you
- 7 Scientifically Proven Facts of how being Grateful can help you.
- Scientific facts on how Random Act of Kindness can help you (video)
- Try reducing stress with relaxation
- Problem Solving Techniques for Helping with Stress