- Get Help
- Suicide Prevention
- Learn More
- Teaching About Suicide
- Honor a Loved One
- Community Campaign Shirt Order
- Mental Health Matters Lafayette County
National Suicide Hotline 1-800-273-8255 Text 839863 Iowa County WI Hotline (800) 362-5717 Emergencies call 911
Get Involved & Honor a Loved One
Volunteer: Get involved with helping out at fundraisers, trainings, memorials walk or grant writing by email@example.com
Memorial Walks in Area
Iowa County, WI (July)
Madison, WI (April)
Platteville, WI ( September)
Sauk Prairie, WI ( September)
Sunday, of Memorial Day Weekend
Water Tower Park in Mineral Point
On Highway 23
Staff photos by Marisa Wojcik |
Shoe displays commemorate those who took their own lives and help those in trouble realize they aren’t walking alone.
UCC Church will be sponsoring a Suicide Memorial of Shoes. Everyone is asked to bring a pair of shoes that represent the loved one you loss to suicide and paint or write your loved ones name on the shoes, if you do not want to alter the look of the shoes, the name is not required. Please Print to inert in opening of shoe for display.
Please print this sheet to put in the toe of the shoe for returning purposes.
Bring the shoes to Water Tower Park in Mineral Point at 10:00am near water tower. The shoes will be displayed near the Highway at Water Tower Park for people to observe and a banner explaining why they are there. You will be able to pick up your shoes at 4:00pm.
If you are unable to pick up or drop off the shoes on that day please e-mail me (SPCICWI@gmail.com) or Drop them off at Keuler Insurance Agency on 222 High Street in Mineral Point.
Please spread the word, this is very healing and non threatening way to get involved.
More Articles on Shoe Memorials:
Sacred Heart Hospital Healing Garden- Eau Claire, WI
Golden Gate Bridge - San Francisco, CA
Honoring a Loved One
Honor them by what their love(s) in life were.
- Honor the Memory of Someones Life
- Grief & the Holidays Dealing with the Pain
- 31 Ways to Remember a loved one during Christmas
- Heartfelt Ways to Honor A Loved one at Your Wedding
- 16 Ideas for Creating New Holiday Traditions after a Death
- Suicide Memorial Walk
- Flash mob- Organize a flash mob for awareness
- Mrs. Doubtfire Challenge
- Donate to Suicide Prevention Coalition of Iowa County Wisconsin
- Random acts of kindness - Printable card with suicide hotline number and information.
- Materials - National Suicide Prevention Lifeline website
- Web banners:
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline website
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline website & You Matter
- Awareness ribbons - National Suicide Prevention Lifeline website
Be part of our video.
Use your phone to film a short video of yourself saying “Stay.” And then finish the sentence: “I was made for _________.” Make sure to film the video in a well lit area with your phone turned horizontal, and then email your video to WSPD@twloha.com.